[OSGeo-Discuss] Free licensed alternative to ESRI map fonts

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Mon May 4 23:39:22 PDT 2020

Hi list!

One common road block which I find I am encountering when
organisations are wanting to transition to open source software is
that they are dependant on the set of ESRI map symbology fonts. While
there is a large number of quality open-licensed map icon sets
available, there are currently none which are "drop-in" replacements
for these ESRI font symbol sets.

Has anyone else run into this issue? Any suggestions for approaches to
overcome this? Would there be any interest in OSGEO funding creation
of openly licensed alternatives to these fonts?

Cheers,
Nyall