[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo 2020 Board of Directors elections: call for nominations

Jorge Gustavo Rocha jgr at osgeopt.pt
Tue Nov 17 08:36:20 PST 2020

Dear OSGeo members,

We need your help to identify the best of our community to be elected to
the board.

We have 4 vacant seats. Victoria Rautenbach, Michael Smith, Angelos
Tzotsos and Tom Kralidis have reached the end of their 2-year term. Any
of these board members wishing to stand in the 2020 election must
receive a nomination, like any other candidate.

The nomination period for new Members of the Board of Directors is now
open and goes until the end of this week. Only Charter Members are
eligible for a seat on the Board and voting, but that anybody can
nominate a board member.

Briefly, to nominate new Board members, you should:
1) Please confirm with the person that they would like to stand for
election as a Board member.
2) Email you nomination to cro at osgeo.org, using the following template:
Nominating person: <your name>

Nominee name: <nominee's full name>
Nomination statement: <paragraph describing why you are recommending
this person as member of the Board of Directors>

The updated calendar for the Board of Directors election is:

* Nomination period: 2019-11-09 to 2019-11-20 (11 days)
* Campaign period: 2019-11-22 to 2019-11-29 (7 days)
* Vote for new Board members: 2019-12-01 to 2019-12-08 (8 days)
* The results will be announced on 2019-12-09.

All the information about the elections is available in the wiki [1].
You can see the progress of the nominations on [2] (soon as we receive
nominations).

Looking forward for your nominations!

Warm regards,
Jorge Gustavo Rocha and Anne Ghisla