[OSGeo-Discuss] us election data

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 11:04:59 PST 2020

Karsten,
I suggest that if you do collect a national rollup of the data and make it
open, it would be a very widely used dataset.
And if doing so, I suggest documenting how you go about it, including links
to sources and any post processing scripts you use for:
1. Others to follow you
2. Quote your sources
3. Receive feedback and corrections
This might even be worthy of an open source project in itself.

On Tue, 24 Nov 2020 at 14:29, Dan Little <theduckylittle at gmail.com> wrote:

> There isn't a real "national rollup" of this data that will be readily
> available. You will need to go to each state's Secretary of State
> website and get that date. Quality and formats will vary. Minnesota's
> is quite good:
>  -
> https://electionresults.sos.state.mn.us/Select/MediaFiles/Index?ersElectionId=136
>
> On Mon, Nov 23, 2020 at 5:08 PM karsten <karsten at terragis.net> wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > would anyone have knowledge a source they can share to openly available
> geodata related to the recent US election ?
> > I have already US Census administrative boundaries (such as census
> tracts, bloc group , blocs or counties)  and voting precinct geometries
> > now I am looking for information such as voter turnout and elections
> results (% or number of votes for each party)  for the geometries above
> > Any leads or hints ?
> >
> > Thanks so much
> > Karsten
> >
> > Karsten Vennemann