[OSGeo-Discuss] A young project: OSArch

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 00:14:22 PDT 2020

There are a couple presentations, but the key thing is the checklist we use
<https://github.com/OSGeo/osgeo/blob/master/incubation/documents/graduation_checklist.pdf>
during our incubation process.

The theme is to recognize that open source and free software are *just* a
license, primarily focused on software distribution. As a group we
experiment with taking that "open" attitude and see it applied to other
aspects of software and community development.

Some presentations:

   - Open Source Practice and Passion at OSGeo
   <https://www.slideshare.net/jgarnett/open-source-practice-and-passion-at-osgeo-170697413>
-
   talks through the checklist providing some context
   - Open Source procurement
   <https://www.slideshare.net/jgarnett/open-source-procurement> - looks a
   bit more at the risks be addressed
   - The FOSS4G Journey
   <https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1F1W5JxMVwyDdgDDEDP6oY_Dn0kQvk6UsiwpSaJNwnl8/edit?usp=sharing>
-
   covers some of how the grass community spun out first OGC, and then teamed
   up with others for from OSGeo