[OSGeo-Discuss] [SoC] GSoC 2020 Results!

Rahul Chauhan rahulnitsxr at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 05:13:12 PDT 2020

Dear Members of the OSGeo Community,

Greetings. Hope you all are doing great.

It is our pleasure to announce that all the 10 GSoC (Google Summer of Code)
students have successfully completed the program this year through OSGeo!

You can find out more about the completed projects at:

https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/5173753207586816/#projects

and student status report wiki page at [1]:

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2020_Student_Status_Report

All the details associated with the Google Summer of Code 2020 with OSGeo
has been compiled at [2]. In the 16th year of Google Summer of Code (GSoC)
[3], 1.106 students from 65 countries have successfully completed the 2020
program.

We would like to wholeheartedly thank all the OSGeo mentors who dedicated
their invaluable time and experience to this program, you are the core of
GSoC!  Thanks also to our students, we are sure you have learnt a lot and
also had some fun, and we hope you decide to remain in the OSGeo community
becoming active developers and the future generation of GSoC mentors!

If you participated this year as a student or as a mentor, please take the
time to leave us your feedback, as we try to improve the experience each
year.

We created a page

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2020_Improvements

where you can leave your comments and suggestions, please feel free to
expand it, or to contact us directly to discuss your ideas.

Kind regards,

Your OSGeo GSoC Admins Team

[1]
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2020_Student_Status_Report