[OSGeo-Discuss] Concurrency problems, please help

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 00:31:28 PDT 2020

Hi Pierre

While I don't have concrete advice for your implementation, I would
like to suggest having a look at Entwine [1] and/or PotreeConverter
[2] projects and maybe reuse their code. Both of them have only a
single task - to build an octree from potentially massive amounts of
point cloud data.

I will start working on point cloud visualization in QGIS in the
coming months and I plan to use code from one of the projects to build
octrees for efficient visualization (more details here [3]).

Regards
Martin

[1] https://github.com/connormanning/entwine
[2] https://github.com/potree/PotreeConverter