[OSGeo-Discuss] [Projects] OSGeo Budget 2022 - please send your budget requests for approval

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 03:18:50 PST 2021

***

Dear OSGeo project members and committees,

OSGeo has been a proud supporter of project events, code sprints,
developer meetings and user conferences.  Given the COVID-19 pandemic,
2020 and 2021 have seen a shift to virtual events (for example, the
OSGeo/OGC/Apache joint sprint in February 2021, as well as the global
FOSS4G event).  It has been encouraging to see our energy, commitment
and perseverance during this exceptional time.

OSGeo continues to execute the annual budget, and is reaching out to all
committees (including Project Steering Committees), to help plan our
budget for 2022.

In 2021, the Board assigned an initial amount of 2000 USD to
all graduated projects who have reported to the Board the last 12
months (e.g. during the AGM or directly to a Board meeting) and have
sent a budget request.

For 2022, the Board is planning to continue to offer a budget to all
graduated projects with the exact amount to be determined.

Due to the successful FOSS4G 2021 and less money spent in 2021 we are in
the position to support our projects again as before.

To help navigate the uncertainties ahead in 2022, the Board is
planning to have a budget meeting within January 2022 to review 2021
expenditures, sponsorship, and make financial decisions for the 2022 budget.

Please send your detailed requests for approval (see detailed
budget requests from 2021 e.g.

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GeoServer_Budget_2021
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GeoServer_Budget_2021>

<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GeoServer_Budget_2021
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GeoServer_Budget_2021>>)

We would like to ask you to help us with budget proposals to assist
your project. This will help us set aside a realistic amount of funding.

Please add your project info to the budget draft at:

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2022
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2022>

<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2022
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2022>>

ideally by 20 January 2022 in advance of our next Board meeting.

When making a budget request please keep in mind the vision and goals of
our Foundation, along with any obligations you wish to meet.

Thank you and Happy New Year!

On behalf of the OSGeo Board,

Angelos

*