[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo Sponsorship Opportunities 2021

Astrid Emde (OSGeo) astrid_emde at osgeo.org
Wed Feb 17 12:21:30 PST 2021

Newsitem:
https://www.osgeo.org/foundation-news/osgeo-sponsorship-opportunities-2021/
2021-02-17

Thank you for considering Open Source Geospatial Foundation 2021
sponsorship. Your financial support of OSGeo events, initiatives, local
chapters, or projects is vital to our community.

The OSGeo community has risen to the challenge covid-19 and remains
active and engaged in 2021. In response to this challenge many of our
events and activities have moved online, and the opportunities for
sponsorship and reaching new customers has adjusted accordingly.

DIRECTLY FUNDING THE OSGEO FOUNDATION

The Foundation helps support projects, events, activities,
infrastructure and services in order to facilitate a healthy community
of volunteers. Directly funding OSGeo helps greatly in supporting day to
day activities as well as operating expenses (mailing lists, issue
trackers, etc.).

SPONSOR RECOGNITION

Sponsoring is a great way to reach a wide audience of enthusiastic and
engaged geospatial practitioners.

Sponsor benefits range from website placement, inclusion in promotional
material, placement in presentations and press releases such as this
one.

 		SPONSORSHIP LEVEL
 		DIAMOND
 		PLATINUM
 		GOLD
 		SILVER
 		BRONZE

 		Sponsorship amount
 		$30,000
 		$20,000
 		$10,000
 		$3000
 		$500

 		Website sponsorship page logo size
 		500 x 500
 		400×400
 		300×300
 		250×250
 		200×200

 		Website footer logo
 		included
 		included
 		included
 		included
 		--

 		OSGeo marketing materials placement
 		logo

 		OSGeo booth placement
 		logo
 		logo

 		Sponsorship Announcement
 		press release
 		blog post
 		blog post
 		blog post
 		--

 		About OSGeo placement (marketing material)
 		included

 		OSGeo Partners and Guests Networking event
 		included
 		included
 		included
 		included
 		--

 		OSGeo Sponsorship Logo
 		diamond

For more information on sponsorship benefits please visit our page on
sponsorship [1].

HOW TO SPONSOR OSGEO

Sponsors are asked to contact treasurer at osgeo.org to request an invoice.
Options to directly donate via PayPal [2] and GitHub [3] are also
available.

Your OSGeo sponsorship level is accumulated across projects, initiatives
and events as illustrated in the following email:

_SUBJECT: __OSGeo Sponsorship of Company/Organisation XY_

_TO: __treasurer at osgeo.org_

_Treasurer:_

_We would like to take this opportunity to sponsor OSGeo, we recognize
the value in supporting open source and community outreach._

_Thus far in 2021 we have sponsored FOSS4G ($5000 USD) and FOSS4G-Europe
(4000 EUR). Additionally, we would like to extend our support to the
OSGeo Foundation, and request an invoice for $1000 USD._

_This brings our total up to slightly over $10,000 USD to be recognized
as a gold sponsor (please see attached company logo)._

_Regards,_

_Marie Tharp_
 _earth_observatory.svg_

Sponsorship levels are adjusted for lower-middle income economies and
prior sponsors. For more information on sponsorship benefits please
visit our page on sponsorship [1].

Thank you for your support.

OSGEO SPONSORSHIP RENEWAL

For returning sponsors we have expedited renewal options:

 	* Commitment: Contact us with your committed level of funding at the
start of the year, a great opportunity for a joint press-release and
updated logo placement.
 	* Running total: Send us an email as your sponsorship level changes
over the course of the year.

	* Final total: You may wish to wait until the end of the year, and make
a joint press-release describing your financial contributions in 2021.

FUNDING OSGEO FOUNDATION ACTIVITIES INDIVIDUALLY

For increased reach you have the option to directly fund individual
projects, events, initiatives and local chapters. Direct sponsorship
allows you to choose the activities your organization is associated
with.

OSGEO PROJECTS

The Open Source Geospatial Foundation is seeking sponsorship and
donations to support our valuable open source projects and project
teams.

The following projects have asked for your financial support (in
alphabetical order):

 	* deegree [4]
 	* GeoServer [5]
 	* GeoNetwork [6]
 	* GRASS GIS [7]
 	* gvSIG [8]
 	* OpenLayers [9]
 	* pgRouting [10]
 	* pycsw [11]
 	* pygeoapi [12]
 	* QGIS [13]
 	* Zoo-project [14]

Free and Open Source Software delivers immense value to geospatial
practitioners and your organization, but it is not developed in
isolation or for free. It is important to financially support our
project teams recognizing their hard work, technical excellence and
dedication in building the software and tools we love to use.

OSGEO EVENTS

Reach geospatial practitioners by sponsoring OSGeo events:

 	* FOSS4G 2021 Buenos Aires (Argentina) [15] (27. September - 2.
October 2021)
 	* For more information see upcoming events [16]

We understand that a FOSS4G booth is a great chance to promote your
organization and meet potential customers. While we cannot replace this
experience, sponsoring online events offers great brand visibility, with
FOSS4G videos [17] serving as a reference for years to come.

OSGEO INITIATIVES

OSGeo has a number of ongoing initiatives that request your financial
assistance::

 	* FOSS4G Travel Grant Program [18] (on-hold)
 	* GeoForAll [19]: opportunities to fund student competitions expected

LOCAL CHAPTERS

Local chapters are active promoting the use of free and open source
software and provide regional sponsorship opportunities:

 	* OSGeo:UK [20]
 	* OSGeo:JP [21]

Check with the local chapter [22] near you for more information.

ABOUT OPEN SOURCE GEOSPATIAL FOUNDATION

The Open Source Geospatial Foundation is not-for-profit 501(c)(4)
organization to empower everyone with open source geospatial. The
software foundation directly supports projects serving as an outreach
and advocacy organization providing financial, organizational and legal
support for the open source geospatial community.

OSGeo works with GeoCat and other sponsors, along with our partners to
foster an open approach to software, standards, data and education.

Links:
------
[1] https://www.osgeo.org/about/how-to-become-a-sponsor/
[2]