[OSGeo-Discuss] Fwd: [OSGeoLive] Press Release 92: OSGeoLive Version 14 call for translators

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 05:15:37 PST 2021

Press Release 92: 19 February 2021
OSGeoLive Version 14 [1] is coming closer.

The final version is planned to be ready at the end of march 2021 and to
be used for our FOSS4G events [2]. Have a look at our schedule for the
the detailed steps [3].

TRANSLATION

We need you to help with the missing translations in the next days!

You can work on the translations for version 14 till 3rd March 2021.
Are you multi-lingual and interested in Open Source GIS? You can find
the OSGeoLive translation at transifex [4].
We still have many open translations. How about helping translate one or
two of the Project Overviews or Quickstarts? Have a look at our
translation guide [5] to get involved.
Please join the OSGeoLive project at Transifex [6].
If you have questions you can contact via our contact channels [7] or
contact astrid_emde AT osgeo DOT org.
HURRY UP

If you manage to translate more than 33% for your language, it will be
added to version 14. There are two languages very close already - check
Swedish and Turkish. So hurry up till 3rd March 2021 to reach over 33 %
or use the next months to get ready for version 15.
ABOUT OSGEOLIVE

OSGeoLive (​http://live.osgeo.org [1]) is a Lubuntu based distribution
of Geospatial Open Source Software, available via a Live DVD, Virtual
Machine and USB. You can use OSGeoLive to try a wide variety of open
source geospatial software without installing anything.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
The OSGeoLive team

[1] ​https://live.osgeo.org [2] [2] ​https://www.osgeo.org/events/ [3] [3]
​https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kO6zzmLFfprZGgp5x7Sjwi-EVN6NTGDR4KXvFVtNpR0/edit?hl=en_GB&hl=en_GB#gid=0