[OSGeo-Discuss] Any interest/place for new Geodetic/Cartographic Transformation utility code?

Dave Knopp dave at stellacore.com
Sun Feb 21 12:17:31 PST 2021

I recently created a small geodesy code project for a particular
development need. I found the results very useful for that situation and
feel it might be worth contributing back to the community.

I realize OSGeo already contains several Geographic/Cartesian
transformation capabilities (ref link at bottom). Overall, I'm curious
if there is any general interest for this particularly-specialized code
and, if so, where would be a good place to discuss/post information?

Details below...

TIA,
Dave

Peridetic -- Lightweight Geodetic LLA/XYZ Transformation Code (C++) --
v1.0.0 available:

	https://github.com/Stellacore/peridetic

Peridetic is an extremely lightweight, easy-to-use and *simple* C++
header file implementation that provides precise, accurate and fast
transformations between Geodetic (lon/lat/alt) from/into Cartesian
(x/y/z) coordinate expressions. (E.g. for converting between Geodetic
locations and GNSS coordinate data). Peridetic provides a "bare-bones"
implementation of *only* these two transformation capabilities without
introducing other overhead into consuming product development environments.

In the context of existing OSGeo projects, Peridetic is an extremely
focused specialization of a specific geodetic transformation capability.
E.g. ref "context and alternatives" section of project readme doc:

https://github.com/Stellacore/peridetic#Context-and-Alternatives

###