[OSGeo-Discuss] GSoC 2021 Draft Proposal for pgRouting - Request for valuable feedback

Veenit Kumar 123sveenit at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 03:56:42 PDT 2021

Dear all,

I am Veenit Kumar, from Netaji Subhash Engineering College, Kolkata, India
pursuing a Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science and Engineering
currently in junior year.

I am very much interested in Graph Algorithms and used them to solve many
programming problems and build some practical small projects. And I found
many of these algorithms are also implemented in pgRouting. Because I love
to make practical stuff from these algorithms, I want to contribute to
pgRouting through GSoC 2021 and implement a Graph algorithm that is not
already implemented in pgRouting.

I have gone through the GSoC 2021 Ideas (
https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/wiki/GSoC-Ideas%3A-2021) and I am
interested in applying for *Idea 2: GRAPH C++ Boost graph algorithms*. I am
active in the pgRouting Gitter channel (
https://gitter.im/pgRouting/pgrouting) and also discussed this idea with
the mentors there.

I have completed the pgRouting Application Requirements (
https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/wiki/GSoC-Ideas%3A-2021#pgrouting-application-requirements
).

After proper planning, discussions and research I propose to implement the
Edge Coloring Algorithm (boost::edge_coloring
https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_75_0/libs/graph/doc/edge_coloring.html) in
pgRouting.

I have already shared my draft proposal on the GSoC website and here I am
sharing it with all of you:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/12aHFXTob70r5lljas7w7Bfht_Z4kE4VQewrA6poOsVs/edit?usp=sharing
.
Please review it and suggest any changes or modifications if required. I
would be very grateful and obligated for any feedback.

I am looking forward to your valuable feedbacks.

Thanks and Regards,
Veenit Kumar
Email: 123sveenit at gmail.com
GitHub: https://github.com/Veenits123