[OSGeo-Discuss] [Projects] Heads up about an LDAP issue we are having

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Oct 1 06:40:34 PDT 2021

Hi Regina,

I don't know if you found the solution yet, but since we have faced this
issue as well with some of our systems at Mapgears and other members of
this list may face it as well I thought I would share the solution that
we found, which is essentially to install a new certificate chain file on
the server to help the problematic SSL clients to find the right
certificates.

Here are the steps to fix a Linux/Apache server:

1- Download the intermediate certificate:

   cd /etc/letsencrypt/
   wget https://crt.sh/?d=3334561879 -O ca.crt

2- Edit the Apache SSL config to add the following line :

   SSLCertificateChainFile /etc/letsencrypt/ca.crt

I hope that will help others facing the same issue.

(And I apologize for the noise for those who do not care about web
server configs)

Daniel

On 2021-09-30 20:07, Regina Obe wrote:
> An intermediary certificate for LetsEncrypt expired today.
>
> https://letsencrypt.org/docs/dst-root-ca-x3-expiration-september-2021/
>
> This has caused validation issues with older systems that are not verifying
> the new way.  One of these is sadly our beloved trac.osgeo.org
>
> So if you try to log into trac.osgeo.org you will get a server error.
>
> I'm still in the middle of troubleshooting and trying to fix.
>
> Thanks for your patience,
> Regina

Daniel Morissette
Mapgears Inc