[OSGeo-Discuss] Board meeting summary - 12 December 2022

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 11:22:56 PST 2022

Thanks for your service Michele!

The issue of trademarks is interesting; presently our incubation process
does not require participating projects to transfer any existing trademarks
to OSGeo.
Other foundations (eclipse/apache) make this a requirement of
participation; part of setting up a level playing field for everyone
participating.

I assume from the meeting notes that the board was discussing how to
support project's in obtaining a trademark for their own name / logo /
brand.
--
Jody Garnett