[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo OGC Committee: call for participation

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 10:24:32 PDT 2022

Hi everyone.  As part of the new OSGeo MOU with OGC [1], we are in the
process of finalizing our membership agreement.

As an Associate Member of OGC, we are required to provide 2 representatives:

- business: The member contact for marketing and business-related issues,
such as membership renewal

- technical committee: The member representative to the TC and its working
groups.  In this case, OSGeo does
not have voting rights in the TC, but does have voting rights within
standards working groups

We are bootstrapping an OSGeo committee for OGC participation [2].  This
committee will decide on the above
roles and coordinate membership.

Please let me know if you are interested in participating in the committee
by end of day 22 July 2022.

Once the committee is established, we will have an initial meeting and
decide / finalize the representatives and next steps with OGC.

Thanks

..Tom

[1] https://www.osgeo.org/resources/ogc-memorandum-understanding
[2] https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/82