[OSGeo-Discuss] [Deadline, 11 August] FOSS4G-Asia 2023 Seoul CfP

최준영 novacite at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 20:48:21 PDT 2023

Dear FOSS4G Community,

I am Junyoung CHOI, co-chair of FOSS4G-ASIA 2023 Seoul.

We'd like to inform you of the submission deadline for FOSS4G-ASIA 2023
Seoul CfP.

The deadline is August 11th, 2023, and 12 days left.

FOSS4G-Asia 2023 will be held at the Seoul Hall of Urbanism &
Architecture(SHUA) from 28th November to 2nd December 2023 as an in-person
event. But hybrid participation is also open to the community.

FOSS4G-Asia 2023 Seoul is the first event providing a Travel Grant
Programme for Asian Community Members and preparing special events for
co-developing the Asian FOSS4G communities such as 'the Seoul Declarations
on the FOSS4G-Asia development' & round table dialogue, UN-Open GIS
workshop. Also, we will prepare a variety of B2B meetings for Asian
Communities, a side-event of FOSS4G & a 15-minute city planning(UN-Habitat
UTC).

It is a great pleasure to invite & submit your presentations, workshops,
and academic abstracts on behalf of FOSS4G-ASIA 2023 co-organizer, Seoul
Metropolitan Government[1], Korean Spatial Information Society[2], and
OSGeo Korean Chapter[3]. Furthermore, I greatly appreciate, if you can
forward this CfP to anyone who might be interested.

We have 5 different sessions such as talks, workshops, Posters(Academic
Track Only), Online talks, and lightning talks(10 minutes).

Please see details of the CfP on the website

https://foss4g.asia/2023/call-for-presentations/

We are looking forward to receiving your submissions soon. Your time and
support are greatly appreciated.

Yours Sincerely,
Junyoung CHOI

FOSS4G-ASIA 2023 SeoulToward Future of FOSS4G in AsiaCall for Presentations

Welcome to the Call for Presentations/Workshops/Academic Abstracts for
FOSS4G-Asia
2023 <https://foss4g.asia/2023/,> that will be held at Seoul Hall of
Urbanism & Architecture
<https://sca.seoul.go.kr/seoulhour/site/urbanArch/home> from 28th November
to 2nd December, 2023.

We welcome all levels of experience, knowledge, skills, and innovative
ideas related to open source geospatial, OpenStreetMap, and Open Data.

We have 5 different sessions like followings:

● Talks: Presentations are the heart of the conference. You will have 30
minutes podium style presentations including Q/A(General Track, Academic
Track)
● Workshops: Workshops are half(4 hours) or full-day(8 hours) hands-on
experiences with participants following along with an instructor. Workshops
will be run by experienced members of the open source community, and
sometimes by the actual developers.(General Track)
● Posters: A poster presentation is the presentation of research/project
information in the form of a paper poster that conference participants may
view. FOSS4G-Asia Seoul team will prepare a room for the poster session for
approximately 4 hours. (Academic Track Only)
● Online Talks: Are you disappointed that you can’t attend the FOSS4G-Asia
2023? Don’t worry, we have online sessions available. Please select this
Online Talk Session, if you want to contribute to the event while you’re
not able to attend.(General Track, Academic Track)
● Lightning Talks: You can share your small projects, anecdotes, smart
idea, or funny experiences with audiences within a limited time, 10
minutes.(General Track, Academic Track)

*Submissions*
● General Track(Talks, Online Talks, Workshops)
<https://talks.osgeo.org/foss4g-asia-2023/cfp?track=93-general-tracktalks-online-talks-workshops>
● Academic Track(Talks, Online Talks, Posters)
<https://talks.osgeo.org/foss4g-asia-2023/cfp?track=82-academic-tracktalks-online-talks-posters>

*Code of Conduct*
We expect all presentations and workshop content respect our code of conduct
<https://foss4g.asia/2023/code-of-conduct/>.

*Important Dates*
● Call for Presentation Deadline: 11th August
● Review Period: 14th – 25th August
● Decision Announcement: 28th August
● Full Schedule Announcement: 4th September

If you have any inquiries about submitting your
talks/abstracts/posters/workshop proposals, please contact FOSS4G-Asia 2023
Seoul team <foss4g-asia-2023 at googlegroups.com>.

[1] Seoul Metropolitan Government, https://english.seoul.go.kr/

[2] Korean Spatial Information Society, https://ksgis.or.kr/

[3] OSGeo Korean Chapter, https://www.osgeo.kr/

*최준영*, 공학박사 | 연구위원

데이터사이언스센터 | *서울기술연구원*

Email: junyoung.choi at sit.re.kr | 02-6912-0991 | +82-10-2312-6843

(03909) 서울특별시 마포구 매봉산로37(상암동) DMC 산학협력연구센터 8층

*Choi, Junyoung*, Ph.D. | Research Fellow

Center for Data Science | *Seoul Institute of Technology* |
http://www.sit.re.kr

Charter Member, Open Source Geospatial Foundation | http://www.osgeo.org

Email: junyoung.choi at sit.re.kr | +82-010-2312-6843

37, Maebongsan-ro, Mapo-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea