[OSGeo-Discuss] Announcing FOSS4G-ASIA 2023 Seoul Travel Grant Program(TGP)

최준영 novacite at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 07:50:35 PDT 2023

Dear FOSS4G Community,

The Travel Grant Program (TGP) for FOSS4G-Asia 2023 Seoul has been
launched, it aims to enable deserving individuals to attend the event.
Please read the TGP guidelines below and if you meet the eligibility
criteria, feel free to submit your application.

https://foss4g.asia/2023/travel-grant-program/

Yours Sincerely,

Junyoung CHOI

FOSS4G-ASIA 2023 SeoulToward Future of FOSS4G in AsiaTravel Grant Program

*Who is eligible?*

The travel grants are available to individuals from Asian countries, with a
focus on assisting those who would not be able to attend otherwise. If you
have the means to attend on your own, we kindly request that you refrain
from applying. In an effort to foster a diverse community, priority will be
given to students, women, and minority attendees from low-income and
lower-middle-income countries as classified by the World Bank (see:
https://blogs.worldbank.org/opendata/new-world-bank-country-classifications-income-level-2022-2023).
These groups have historically been underrepresented in the open-source
community, and we strive to address this disparity. Applicants who have
been selected as conference speakers will be given preference.

*What is included?*

Travel grants include a discounted admission to the main conference and
round-trip airfare. However, please note that accommodation expenses will
not be covered, and participants will be responsible for arranging their
own accommodations. Upon registration, we kindly request a payment of USD
50 as a commitment to attending the conference.

*How do I apply?*

The application process will be open from June 1st until August 11th on the
FOSS4G-ASIA Seoul 2023 website. Please download the application form
provided below, fill it out, and send it to the FOSS4G-ASIA Seoul 2023
committee at foss4g-asia-2023-seoul-info at googlegroups.com with the subject
line ‘[Travel Grants]’. In your application, please address the following
questions: ‘Why should I attend FOSS4G-ASIA 2023 Seoul?’ and/or ‘How have I
contributed to the open-source community?’ If you are from a low-income or
lower-middle-income economy, it is mandatory to include a scan of your
passport with your application. All applicants will be notified of the
status of their application.

*Application Form*
[ODT] FOSS4G-Asia-2023-Seoul_Travel_Grants_Form
<https://foss4g.asia/2023/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/FOSS4G-Asia-2023-Seoul_Travel_Grants_Form.odt>
Download
<https://foss4g.asia/2023/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/FOSS4G-Asia-2023-Seoul_Travel_Grants_Form.odt>
[Word] FOSS4G-Asia-2023-Seoul_Travel_Grants_Form
<https://foss4g.asia/2023/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/FOSS4G-Asia-2023-Seoul_Travel_Grants_Form.docx>
Download
<https://foss4g.asia/2023/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/FOSS4G-Asia-2023-Seoul_Travel_Grants_Form.docx>

*최준영*, 공학박사 | 연구위원

데이터사이언스센터 | *서울기술연구원*

Email: junyoung.choi at sit.re.kr | 02-6912-0991 | +82-10-2312-6843

(03909) 서울특별시 마포구 매봉산로37(상암동) DMC 산학협력연구센터 8층

*Choi, Junyoung*, Ph.D. | Research Fellow

Center for Data Science | *Seoul Institute of Technology* |
http://www.sit.re.kr

Charter Member, Open Source Geospatial Foundation | http://www.osgeo.org

Email: junyoung.choi at sit.re.kr | +82-010-2312-6843

37, Maebongsan-ro, Mapo-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea