[OSGeo-Discuss] Geo Assist - An open source library to manage your spatial data

Safeer Ansari msafeeransari at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 12:56:54 PST 2023

 Hi there,
I hope you are doing well.

I am Safeer, a software engineer with expertise in building backend
applications. I have worked on different projects that required geo-spatial
search for objects. Based on my experience, I have now created an open
source project.

The project provides a wrapped and enhanced implementation of K-D Trees
that allows users to store data on geographical coordinates, and query
based on the location, within the memory of your application.

The motivation behind building and sharing a generic implementation came
since we have used the similar implementation for applications that served
~43m requests per day, and it served our purpose.

The project is available on GitHub
https://github.com/thegeekyasian/geo-assist, and is open to suggestions and
contributions. Please have a look at the project's README
<https://github.com/thegeekyasian/geo-assist/raw/master/README.md> for more
details.

It has been released as a maven dependency for Java/Kotlin projects.

I would appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Safeer.