[OSGeo-Discuss] Fwd: Join us at FOSS Backstage 2024: The conference on Management, Community & Compliance

Vicky Vergara vicky at erosion.dev
Thu Feb 1 06:44:08 PST 2024

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Alexander Brateanu <info at foss-backstage.de>
Date: Wed, Jan 31, 2024 at 11:50 AM
Subject: Join us at FOSS Backstage 2024: The conference on Management,
Community & Compliance
To: OSGeo <info at osgeo.org>

Dear OSGeo-team,

we would be thrilled to welcome participants from OSGeo at *FOSS Backstage
2024. *Our conference aims to bring together people across different
organizations, projects and companies to discuss the non-coding aspects of
open source software. In talks, workshops, and panel discussions we will be
exchanging ideas on *community, management, governance and security* in
free and open source software.

The conference will take place on March 4-5, 2024 in Berlin & online.

*The program*
Our opening keynote will be delivered by* Dr. Melanie Rieback, *CEO and
Co-Founder of *Radically Open Security*. Melanie will share her
thoughts on conflicting
business models in a cybersecure world
<https://24.foss-backstage.de/sessions/?id=3ERGX7>.
We will kick off the second day of #fossback with our keynote by *Dr. Sünje
Dallmeier-Tiessen* from the Open Science Office at the European
Organization for Nuclear Research (*CERN*). Sünje will tell us the story
behind the recently launched OSPO at CERN
<https://24.foss-backstage.de/news/sunje-dallmeier-tiessen-to-keynote-at-fossback/>
.

Have a look at the full program, featuring more than 40 session by over 50
international speakers, on our website
<https://24.foss-backstage.de/schedule/>.

*Fringe Events*
If you decide to be in Berlin during the week of FOSS Backstage you also
have the opportunity to join on of our fringe events
<https://24.foss-backstage.de/fringe-events/>:

   - *FOSS Backstage Design
   <https://24.foss-backstage.de/foss-backstage-design/>:* The day after
   FOSS Backstage we take a deep dive into user experience and design.
* (starting from 10€ as a FOSS Backstage ticket upgrade or 25€ stand-alone)*
   - *ORT Community Days
   <https://24.foss-backstage.de/fringe-events/#ORT-Community-Days>:* Exchange
   about how to automate open source management whether license, security or
   ways of working using ORT.
   *(free)*
   - *OSPO++ Breakfast Club
   <https://24.foss-backstage.de/fringe-events/#breakfastclub>:* A
   networking event for stakeholders and institutions in Open Source.
   *(free)*

*FOSS Backstage *
*Tickets **Get your ticket for FOSS Backstage 2024 now! Learn more about
available ticket types, like Business and Online Only Tickets and **register
for FOSS Backstage here <https://24.foss-backstage.de/tickets/>**.*

We hope to see OSGeo attend FOSS Backstage 2024!

best regards,
The FOSS Backstage orga team – Anne, Sven, Paul & Alex

PS: FOSS Backstage wouldn’t be possible without the support of our
partners. Learn more about sponsoring opportunities here
<https://24.foss-backstage.de/become-a-partner/> — We are also always happy
to discuss options that are tailor made for your needs and budget!

--
Alexander Brateanu (er/ihm; he/him)

working days: Monday-Thursday

Plain Schwarz UG (haftungsbeschränkt)