Change in mailing list configuration

Jeroen Ticheler jeroen.ticheler at geocat.net
Fri Jan 12 05:05:28 PST 2024

Hi Sandro and others,
My suggestion would be to re-instate the old configuration and first propose and discuss a possible update. Such discussion and eventual update should be announced first before it is applied. The Discuss mailing list, as other lists, has always worked well for me too. The header [OSGeo-Discuss] is used by many of us to filter email and keep things manageable. That can't just be modified on an important list as Discuss without broader consent IMHO.

My 2 cents. Cheers,

Jeroen

---- On Fri, 12 Jan 2024 11:14:49 +0100 Sandro Santilli <strk at kbt.io> wrote ---

On Fri, Jan 12, 2024 at 09:35:30AM +0100, Christian Willmes wrote:
> As far as I understood it, the mailing list will continue to work as is in
> the future? And discourse is only a mirror or an additional interface for
> those who prefer to communicate via this app?

This change has nothing to do with Discourse but with the ability of
people to see the email address of the people who post and to verify that
they are reall who they claim to be.

The discussion happened in this ticket:

 https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/3011

--strk;