[OSGeo-Discuss] Mailing list config change reverted (was: Change in mailing list configuration)

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Fri Jan 12 08:25:51 PST 2024

On Fri, Jan 12, 2024 at 10:06:11AM -0500, Daniel Morissette wrote:
> On 2024-01-12 08:05, Jeroen Ticheler wrote:
> > Hi Sandro and others,
> > My suggestion would be to re-instate the old configuration and first
> > propose and discuss a possible update. Such discussion and eventual
> > update should be announced first before it is applied. The Discuss
> > mailing list, as other lists, has always worked well for me too. The
> > header [OSGeo-Discuss] is used by many of us to filter email and keep
> > things manageable. That can't just be modified on an important list as
> > Discuss without broader consent IMHO.
>
> I second Jeroen's thoughts and suggestion.

Ok, if everything worked as I expected, the change is now reverted.
Please please please help us shape recomendations for mailing list
configuration. Some discussion has been conducted on SAC mailing list,
some on other channels, and outcomes have been logged in Trac here:

  Trac ticket: https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/3011

Worth starting another thread to discuss other options ?

Does this list need new owners or are Frank and Arnulf still active ?

--strk;