[OSGeo-Discuss] Fw: Re: Change in mailing list configuration

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 08:58:44 PST 2024

Thanks folks, and thanks to Sandro and system admin team for managing all
this stuff.

I know from my own experience (website reboot) that by the time a change is
shared with discuss at osgoe.org list that the topic is already well underway;
and it is hard to slow down and introduce the change to the wider community.

When working on a lot of tickets it is difficult to predict which ones will
be noticed, let alone desire wider discussion.

suggestion: Perhaps the sysadmin committee could a send an email of planned
infrastructure changes each month. Then the community could notice any
items of interest for discussion. We would have to keep system admin
committee communication channels in mind and comment via the trac tickets.

aside: I was surprised that my own email filters navigated the change which
was set to filter [osgeo-discuss] ... but then I noticed I have a catch-all
filtering any osgeo lists server email to this folder.
--
Jody Garnett