[OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G Europe 2024 live stream

Vincent Picavet vincent.ml at oslandia.com
Tue Jul 2 11:22:04 PDT 2024

Hello,

This really is a great news ! Let me applaud an initiative that we should see for every FOSS4G and other international conferences.

Living in a world facing the major human crisis with climate change, any effort allowing both carbon emission reduction *and* knowledge dissemination is much welcome.

Also, live streaming has a strong impact on knowledge transfer to all GIS people not having a chance to attend a conference due to economic reasons or other issues. Spreading the opensource vision and knowledge is one of the main goal of OSGeo, and this is the way to go.

Therefore, again a round of applause for this, and a big thank you to all who allowed this to see light.

Best regards,

Vincent