[OSGeo-Discuss] This Old Neighborhood: Redeveloping Suburbia

Miles Fidelman mfidelman at meetinghouse.net
Tue Jun 4 15:43:18 PDT 2024

Hi Folks,

I'm again off tilting at windmills - this time trying to figure out how
to redevelop suburban development - a subdivision at a time - before
they start going the way of Champlain Towers crumbling into the sea
(driving condo fees and special assessments through the room along the way).

Taking a combination crowdsourcing & This Old House approach - getting a
project going (where I live), and doing it "on camera" so others can
share our pain.  There's going to be a lot of mapping & planning in the
process - and we're kind of playing "Open Plans" in the process - so I'm
guessing (hoping) that some of the folks here will be interested in
coming along for the ride.

Take a look at our project blog - soon to be be followed by a podcast
and video.  Subscribe, jump in, spread the word!

This Old Neighborhood - https://thisoldneighborhood.substack.com/

This Old Neighborhood

In practice, there is.  .... Yogi Berra

Theory is when you know everything but nothing works.
Practice is when everything works but no one knows why.
In our lab, theory and practice are combined:
nothing works and no one knows why.  ... unknown