[OSGeo-Discuss] AI/LLM discussion thread

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 00:54:10 PDT 2026


Hi all,

I think these are important reads:

https://fsfe.org/news/2026/news-20260825-01.html
https://www.copyright.gov/ai/Copyright-and-Artificial-Intelligence-Part-2-Copyrightability-Report.pdf
https://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegData/etudes/STUD/2025/774095/IUST_STU(2025)774095_EN.pdf

Best,
Angelos

On 6/25/26 8:43 PM, Even Rouault via Discuss wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The most surprising thing is that this thread has not yet been opened 
> and isn't hundreds of messages long! but this is similar to bug 
> reporting: "how come nobody has not yet reported this issue? I can't 
> be the first one to hit it for sure" ;-) I hope people still follow 
> this list...
>
> Anyway, I let the floor open to anyone who want to talk about they 
> feel about the subject, what approaches they have taken, their 
> enthusiasm and/or concerns, if that's something that is just in the 
> responsibility of each project or if some common positions can emerge, 
> etc.
>
> Even
>
> _______________________________________________
> Discuss mailing list
> Discuss at lists.osgeo.org
> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss


-- 
Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
Former President, Board of Directors
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
https://www.osgeo.org/member/angelos-tzotsos/



More information about the Discuss mailing list