[DotNet-OSGeo] Hints for potential GIS frameworks

Dennis Reichelt buidsa at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 4 02:40:09 EDT 2011

Hello,

I'm working on completing my master's degree right now. On this work I
would like to develop a small GIS application in C#. But during my
search I lost track of all the free GIS frameworks (DotSpatial,
SharpMap, Easy GIS .NET, GMap.NET ...) and there features.

That's why I'm writing. Maybe someone has a hint which free tool(s)
fits best on these needed functionality:

- control to show, zoom and pan maps
- maps from OpenStreetMap should be included as a base layer
- a second layer should be a geo referenced raster map (floor plan)
- as a third layer I would like to show points (e.g. production
  facilities) on the these layers
- (optional) functionality to geo reference a JPG image (mentioned
  floor plan)

So it's not that much, but I guess (as I'm not so much into GIS
technology and terms yet), these functionality implies other
requirements to GIS frameworks.

I really appreciate any hint. Thank you very much in advance!

greetings
Dennis