[OSGeo-Edu] Certification of Gary's course

Charlie Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Mon Aug 28 09:28:06 EDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-08-27 at 17:01 -0400, watry at steam.coaps.fsu.edu wrote:
> Map Window,I am working with Dr. Ames from IDaho State and I will
> gradly work with you as well on the next version which should be
> October/November.This is when they expect the new veriosn to be stable.
> I would rather there be one collabrative effort instead of you and me
> doing our own thing
I agree. But right now we are trying to get our first release out too. I
think the best thing to do is take a look at what we have after we both
get through the phases we are in now. In other words, I see this as
something we continue to work toward over the course of the next year.

> We are also looking at a DIS course for credit in the near future,
> either spring or next fall
>
> URISA and the GIS Certification Institute (GISCI) will accept my
> courses for part of the educational requirement for accreditation or
> reaccreditation. I am authorized to use their logo and also state in
> the intro that this course is GISCI approved
>
> Also Geospatial Solutions is interested in us writing a regular column
> or articles for their magazine dealing wityh Open Source Software.
That's great. If you write something and want a reader for comments
before it gets submitted please forward it on.

> I added a copyright, contributors page, andseveral other things you
> suggested in an earlier e-mail
>
> But if you want or need to do your own thing, best of success,
> otherwise, let's work toegther (UMass @ Amhurst, Idaho State and
> COAPS at FSU
I'd definitely like to do the latter -- but also am under a deadline
right now, so would like to get version 1.0 of my course drafted. As
soon as we get to a point where I feel like we're ready to show the
group the content, I'll let you know and we can go from there.

Cheers
CHarlie