[OSGeo-Edu] Re: edu.OSGeo publicity material

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Mon Jun 5 03:43:14 EDT 2006

Looks nice. I have a few comments:

- What are "OSGeo endorsed tools"? Will there be a list of such? Maybe
we could say something like: OSGeo and other free software.

- Some "Methods" are a bit uncompatible with "Goals", e.g. goal:
"Produce a data package for use in tutorials", method: "Provide data
packaged suitable for use".

- The images down right are a bit uninteresting. Perhaps they could
somehow show or image the tools, research data, or geospatial
research... perhaps something like this: http://map.hut.fi/edu.doc (Word
document) the colors in that picture may be too striking but it shows
the idea: use QGIS, PostGIS (that's a pgadmin window), and free tools to
create tools for research & beyond.

Ari