[OSGeo-Edu] Re: edu.OSGeo publicity material

Charlie Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Wed Jun 7 10:10:07 EDT 2006

Puneet Kishor wrote:

> Charlie,
>
> If you are pretty certain of delivering that soon, would you like to
> send me 10-15 words describing it so I may add it to the brochure text
> as a bullet example?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> --
> Puneet Kishor

Sorry it took me so long to reply, Puneet.

Looking at your bullet points on the brochure text, the bullet that says
"Develop and Intro to GIS course" probably describes what I am doing, so
I don't think you need further text for this brochure.

My one question will be that my course is geared toward certain
audiences (natural resource conservation students, and public policy and
administration students) and may not be exactly what others in different
fields (e.g., geography or geosciences) might develop. So ultimately, we
may want to provide more than one set of "Intro to GIS courses" that are
possibly geared for various types of students.

But I'm trying to develop something that is provided in modular fashion,
with some kind of header that provides author history, and is licensed
using probably the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike
license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/).

I hope to have some of this up sometime this summer.

Cheers