[OSGeo-Edu] Education brochure

Ned Horning horning at amnh.org
Fri Jun 9 11:55:15 EDT 2006

Tyler,

Thanks for your work on this. The flyer looks good but I have a few comments
that others can comment on and you can deal with as you see fit.

In the third paragraph I would change "We hope to accomplish this by. "We
will accomplish this by.".

Under Activities "Goal" should be changed to "Goals" when more than one goal
is listed. I would delete all of the "Methods" text. This doesn't really add
anything to what is mentioned under Goal(s). If something under "Methods" is
important enough I'd move it up to goals. For example, I would move "Work
with developers to identify research needs" up to "Goals".

Lastly, I would change "Geospatial Free Open Source Software" to "open
source geospatial software which echos the name of the Foundation (a good
thing). For what it's worth I have a problem with the use of "Free" in this
context. If this is intended for general consumption "free" is usually
interpreted as "no cost" not "freedom" as it was/is interpreted in OS
circles. I realize including "free" is supposed to be profound but from my
perspective it's a bit silly and confusing especially since it effectively
repeats the meaning of "open source".

All the best,

Ned