a brief update from Santiago de Chile

P Kishor punkish at eidesis.org
Fri Nov 10 19:33:50 EST 2006

Folks,

Just wanted to give you a quick update on my foray into the world of
GSDI. There is a huge disconnect between the NSDI/GSDI world and open
source, but I was, I think, pretty successful in spreading the open
source geospatial message here, and lots of folks came and asked me
about OSGeo. So, I hope to follow up with them and get them really
involved in using the technology.

Let's try and have our monthly IRC chat next Friday (as this Friday --
today -- I am still in Santiago) at the same time, same place. Once I
get back to the US, I will send out a specific timeanddate time to
everyone.

Many thanks,

Nelson Inst. for Env. Studies, UW-Madison http://www.nelson.wisc.edu/
Open Source Geospatial Foundation https://edu.osgeo.org/