Informal request for association

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Mon Sep 18 09:39:08 EDT 2006

Hello EduCom,
Dr. Poulicos Prastacos from the Institute of Applied and Computational
Mathematics (IACM) of the Foundation for Research and Technology-Hellas
(FORTH) http://www.iacm.forth.gr/regional was rather impressed by the
FOSS4G conference and congratulates us for the success.

They are currently preparing an EU funded program to train researchers in
GIS and he now plans to propose an Open Source GIS track. He asked whether
(citing)
"OSGeo could 'participate' in the consortium (some kind of loose
association)".

I answered that one focal interest of OSGeo is the Education Curriculum
and that I would forward his request to this committee. Are you prepared
to handle this kind of request? Unless I missed something we have not
worked out anything to handle this kind of association or participation
and therefore also included the board list.

Best regards,
Arnulf.

--
http://community.osgeo.org