[OSGeo-Edu] OSGEO edu Bird's of a Feather meeting in Victoria

cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Sun Aug 5 15:54:55 EDT 2007

Hi OSGEO edu members,

Puneet asked me to take the lead in organizing the meeting for OSGEO edu
participants coming to FOSS4Geo in Victoria.

There is a meeting page at
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/FOSS4G2007_eduCom_meeting. Please add your name
to the list if you are coming and wish to join the BOF meeting.

BOF meetings are scheduled for 17:00-18:30 on Tuesday and Wednesday. I'm
suggesting we meet on Tuesday, and hold Wed tentatively open in case we feel we
need a second meeting.

I've added a very brief meeting agenda on the FOSS4Geo 2007 BOF page at
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/FOSS4G2007_BOF_Sessions#BOF_sessions. Others,
feel to modify. If there are some who cannot attend but wish to add discussion
items please do so on this page.

Finally, since I don't know what room we might get to meet in, and some of us
have never met in person, I'm suggesting that we meet immediately at the end of
the Tuesday morning talk (Damian Conway) near the podium for 5 minutes to
discuss the location of the meeting later that day.

Let me know if there is other things I should do to organize this meeting.

Thanks
Charlie Schweik