[OSGeo-Edu] Short-notice training opportunity in Bogota

Brian Timoney brian at thetimoneygroup.com
Sun Jun 10 10:55:56 EDT 2007

All:

Having just returned from Colombia's national biennial Geomatics
conference in Bogota, I was asked to pass the word about a short-notice
training opportunity for a Spanish-speaking geospatial person to conduct
a week-long workshop sometime before July 15th.  As part of a European
Union grant to develop the nation's geospatial infrastructure (that runs
out on the 15th, hence the short notice), they've invited a number of
international folks to conduct workshops on a variety of topics
including open source software.  I've done classes on MapServer,
PostGIS, and Open Layers, and I'm certain that workshops on packages
such as GRASS, MapGuide, or GeoServer would be very well received.
There's an enthusiasm for open-source software that, combined with an
impressive level of technical know-how, makes for a rewarding week.

Besides airfare and hotel, compensation will also include a substantial
stipend.

At 8700 feet, Bogota offers an excellent option to beat the summer
heat.  As for safety and security concerns, it's no different than any
comparably sized city.

If interested, please drop me a note, if not, please pass the notice on
to anyone who would be intrigued by the opportunity.

Thanks,

Brian Timoney