Subject: [OSGeo-Edu] American Association of Geographers April Meeting, Boston

Charlie Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Sat Nov 3 07:39:27 EDT 2007

Tyler,

> I'm still debating about presenting about OSGeo in general, or
> perhaps on this topic:
> http://mapguild.org/professionals - think it suits the audience?

Looking at last years program, there was a number of education-related
presentations...
http://communicate.aag.org/eseries/aag_org/program/AbstractTopics.cfm?AbstractTopic=Geography%20Education&mtgID=52 . And when I went to the keyword search there were a number around GIS "collaboration" and about 6 that had "open source" as a keyword.

If panels are being accepted and there are others from this group
submitting, I think it would be useful to propose a panel around open
source GIS with you presenting on OSGeo in general. I'm thinking of the
academic geographers I know who aren't familiar with this effort.

Finally, the mapguild idea is great. Do you see connections between what
you are trying to do there and our OSGeo edu efforts? Or are they
totally separate efforts?

Charlie