[OSGeo-Edu] Proposal: Multi-language OSGeo dictionary

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Thu Nov 22 11:38:03 EST 2007

On 22-Nov-07, at 6:33 AM, Venkatesh Raghavan wrote:

> Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:
>> Venka, you recently mentioned to me that a Japanese (and Chinese?)
>> effort that covered a similar need already existed.  Is it
>> something we
>> can re-use and add on to?  Can you provide a pointer?
>
> http://zgate.gsi.go.jp/2kokukan/termstable/termstable_index_j.html
>
> The page is in Japanese. But there are links to zipped Excel files
> and xml database containing glossary on GIS and Disaster.

Very interesting, if we could get clarification on extending the
licenses and allowing us to load those definitions into a web
application, it would be really neat.  I assume adding definitions
should be done to the XML file (not the .xls) and that the
spreadsheet gets created from the XML.  Can you tell what they
procedure is?

Tyler