[OSGeo-Edu] Education & Journal

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Fri Oct 5 00:05:29 EDT 2007

One of the items that came out of the Edu meeting at FOSS4G last week
were some questions about relating to the OSGeo Journal.  I just
wanted to mention that the Journal is open and available to the
committee to use for discussion papers, (re)publishing material,
providing project updates and more.

The Journal is still relatively young (2 issues so far) and as such
has need for more editors, proofreaders and especially some folks
with LaTeX expertise.  If you are interested, let me know. If you
have further questions about commitment level, time required, areas
needing help, etc. please ask.

At present we are starting to coordinate collecting proceedings from
FOSS4G to go into a special edition of the Journal.  Daniel Ames has
previously volunteered to manage a peer review process around the
Journal, so he may be looking to some of you to help fill that role
as well.  Some of the authors were certainly interested in having
that option.

So this is an invitation to join our team, contribute and help spread
the word and training material out through an increasingly successful
medium.  We are also considering printing options for future (or
back) issues, to handle on demand purchase requests.

Tyler