[OSGeo-Edu] of possible interest to some

Charlie Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Wed Oct 10 09:40:25 EDT 2007

Hi folks-

STATUS REPORT:

We're still holding at 4 postings of educational content. I *know*
there's more out there. If you have some please post at
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Educational_Content_Inventory. If you
have any connections to OSGeo projects who might have content, encourage
them to post it here.

We've got a couple new additions to the the participant list... GOOD.
Please add your entry if you haven't already.
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/OSGeo_education_interested_participants

NEW ITEM OF POSSIBLE INTEREST. CHECK OUT:

1) "A review of the Open Educational Resources Movement" by John Seely
Brown and others
(http://www.hewlett.org/NR/rdonlyres/5D2E3386-3974-4314-8F67-5C2F22EC4F9B/0/AReviewoftheOpenEducationalResourcesOERMovement_BlogLink.pdf)

2) The Open Courseware Consortium (http://www.ocwconsortium.org/) . I
need to read up on this, but we might want to explore connections with
them.

3) The eduCommons (http://cosl.usu.edu/projects/educommons/) - this is
another possible open source platform option for our effort. I need to
look at it more, but it appears to have the COURSE as the unit, and not
MODULES.

More soon on #3 which is related to the task on the collaborative
platform we move to. I need some time to pull our options together
(e.g., Wiki, Moodle, Rice Connexions, now the above) and to finalize the
subcommittee.

Tyler: can either we talk over the phone or can you send me information
on the Wiki option you showed me in Victoria?

Thanks all!