[OSGeo-Edu] Edu content versioning decision

Charlie Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Thu Oct 11 05:16:07 EDT 2007

Hi Arnulf and all,

On Thu, 2007-10-11 at 08:10 +0200, Arnulf Christl wrote:

> Are we anywhere near a decision what platform to use yet? I have given the Mapbender Introduction Training now for the second time and it works good for that purpose. So I was wondering whether we might want to adopt Moodle as one OSGeo platform (not the only one) regardless of which other maybe more scientific or complex solution we might additionally want to add at a later stage.
Our set goal for this decision was Oct 31st but I am running behind on
this. I need to email the subcommittee that was formed in the BOF.

Arnulf, my suggestion would be to develop the Mapbender material in a
format that would be easy to move to whatever platform we decide to use,
or simply use the format it is in (if there is a version already). You
could use Moodle, but make the content modular so we could link to it.

To move us along on the content versioning platform decision, I've now
created a new page linked from the Edu group's task list page listing
the process and issues related to this decision. See

http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Edu_Concent_Management_Platform_Decision

Anyone, feel free to add/revise if there are issues I am missing. Or add
any other platform options I am forgetting.

Thanks