[OSGeo-Edu] Moodle login

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Oct 12 16:58:45 EDT 2007

Hello,

Thanks for your (and Tyler's) enthousiastic welcome.

On Thu, October 11, 2007 11:34, Charlie Schweik wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-10-11 at 09:17 +0200, Moritz Lennert wrote:
>
>> I am also interested in this question. Our GIS teaching is being
>> transformed from an ex-cathedra to a more project based approach and we
>> will probably elaborate some e-learning content. I would like this to be
>> compatible/reusable for OSGEO.
> Wonderful Moritz!
>
> (I may have missed it) but please add your entry to our OSGeo edu
> participants list
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/OSGeo_education_interested_participants

Just did that.

> And if you have any content currently (or are planning some) please add
> an entry for now on the wiki inventory page.
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Educational_Content_Inventory

Nothing yet, but will do as soon as I have something to share. Will be in
French though.

> Finally, we haven't yet decided yet on the platform. Can you send me
> information on Claroline? Let me know if you want to participate on our
> evaluation of options.

Here's their site:
http://www.claroline.net/index.php?lang=en

For those who read French, here is an evaluation of a recent version:
http://www.ulb.ac.be/ulb/cte/docs/EvalClaroline17.pdf

Generally, it has the reputation of being very easy to use for
instructors, but being a bit less feature complete than moodle.

I have never worked with either, so I have no personal preferences, but
have been "shopping" around lately and moodle and claroline seem to come
out as the most interesting candidates. But if OSGEO sticks with moodle,
I'll just follow the lead.

Moritz