[OSGeo-Edu] Edu Group planning

cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Fri Jan 18 13:13:14 EST 2008

Hi everyone,

I revised slightly, our group TO-DO list at
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Education_Committee_Work_Program to reflect the
progress we've made on our educational content standard. I'd like to get some
solid commitments or progress reports from others. Tyler is asking for a OSGeo
edu status report so this helps not only our group but will help inform the
board of our activities.

**PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO:**

1) Review the http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Education_Committee_Work_Program
page and add your name to the subcommittee where you'd like to contribute.

Note: Some tasks have no subcommittee lead. If no one steps up as a subcomittee
chair (or chairs) for a task (for example, Tasks D, E and F have been proposed
but it doesn't appear that there is any movement on them) I'm going to move them
off to an archive and have us focus on Tasks A, B and C where I know there is
some group activity.

2) Review the "Commitments for New Material Development" page at
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Commitments_for_New_Material_Development

- If anyone has anything new to add there, please do so.
- People listed, please update with a short status.
- I hope you'll consider following our document standard in our previous email.
- Establish a target completion date, if possible.

3) If there are any new relevant activities not on these pages, please send them
to me or update a wiki page yourself.

Thanks All! Looking forward to seeing some renewed energy in the group!