[OSGeo-Edu] Re: FreeGIS book effort

cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Sun Jul 6 15:47:44 EDT 2008

Hi Jorge, Victor:

1) I went looking on the OSGeo wiki todo list
(http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Education_Committee_Work_Program) for a link to the
current FreeGIS book material and couldn't find it. It's also not listed on the
educational content page that I can see.
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Educational_Content_Inventory

You might want to add it to both with a request for help in either writing or
translating chapters.

2) A PhD student here that works for me who has written some of our open source
GIS training material is looking for some funds for the next year to help
support her program. She's from Spain and speaks both Spanish and English.

Does anyone know if there is any funding possibilities out there to hire her to
do the translation from Spanish to English for the chapters you have written?
Does anyone have any ideas?

CHeers
Charlie Schweik