[OSGeo-Edu] Reactions?

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sat Jun 21 16:37:09 EDT 2008

[see  http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/browser/education]

> A while back it seemed that
> people thought the wiki was the best/easiest way to have people find our
> documents. I think listing things at the finer module level (instead of the
> course level) is important so people can construct their own lessons perhaps
> using material from multiple available courses.
>
> Questions:
>
> 1) Do people think we are moving in the right direction? Is there anything we
> should do differently?

I think that it looks good!
We need to get used to it probably, so good examples will help to show
how it works (indeed, it's rather easy!).

> 2) Does anyone else think they might add their own educational material to
> Subversion and to the Wiki over the next month or two (once we get instructions
> to you on using it)?

Maria Brovelli and me are working on rewriting a series of lectures
from proprietary GIS to FOSS4G. We'll upload as soon as we have
a reasonable draft.

> 3) Is there anyone from specific OSGeo software projects lurking on this mailman
> list, and if so, does your project have any instructional material you'd be
> willing to add to this repository?

Hints could be recycled from
 http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/HowToSVN

Best