[OSGeo-Edu] Subversion folder strategy for educational material

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Fri May 9 22:09:26 EDT 2008

On May 9, 2008, at 8:09 PM, Charlie Schweik wrote:

> Hi Helena,
>
> On Fri, 2008-05-09 at 19:35 -0400, Helena Mitasova wrote:
>> - should we use Releases or Final_Releases instead of Past_Releases?
>> Past indicates old, potentially obsolete,
>> so my first reaction was "where is the place for the latest
>> finished version?" - apparently it is in Past_Releases if I
>> understand it correctly.
> OK, how about this? The "Under Development" was meant to capture the
> latest release still under development. Is there more clear wording we
> should use?
>
> Under_Development
>    -Institution 1
>      -- Course
>    - Institution 2
>      -- Course
> Releases
>    - Institution 1
>       -- Course
>    - etc.
>
> Thanks,
> Charlie

This sounds easier to understand to me - others may
  have a different opinion. (as I understand it, if something is still
under development it is not a release yet,
so that is why I thought that the latest final version
- ready for people to use would be under releases).
Anyway, the name does not matter that much as long as everybody
understands what is in the folders,

Helena