[OSGeo-Edu] Moving Mapping Math Book and Free GIS Book to Wikibooks?

Landon Blake lblake at ksninc.com
Wed Oct 29 10:38:21 EDT 2008

I think Tyler mentioned the possibility of moving our book efforts from
the OSGeo wiki to Wikibooks. Do we want to discuss this possible action?
What advantages would we gain from moving to Wikibooks, and what would
be the drawbacks?

I can think of this short list to get us started:

Advantages

   We gain the opportunity for collaboration and contributions from non
OSGeo members.

Disadvantages

   We loose some control over content.

   We loose some of the "front page" visibility for the OSGeo.

This topic is of particular interest to me, as I'm working on two books,
"Mapping Math" and the English version of the Free GIS Book.

Landon

Warning: