[OSGeo-Edu] New Ominiverdi Live-DVD available

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Sep 10 03:26:19 EDT 2008

Hmm, looking around the web this seems to be a bug that comes up in
custom LiveCDs every once in a while.

If I switch to Ctrl-Alt-F1 I get a " user not known to the underlying
authentication module"

In particular I'm testing this on VMware Server 2 Beta.
I did a disk check which came out ok and tried to boot into Single User
mode without success. I'll try a different live CD and see what happens
and maybe poke around the VMware bug tracker.

Thanks,
Alex

Luca Casagrande wrote:
> You don't need a username and a password to log in, because it should be
> automatic.  If you see the log-in manager, can be some troubles with
> the graphic server..
> Try with ubuntu as username and leave empty the password field.
>
> Let me know if it works.
>
> Bye
> Luca
>
> 2008/9/10 Alex Mandel <tech_dev at wildintellect.com>:
>> Anyone know the username and password for this Disc I can't seem to
>> figure it out.
>> I've tried all sorts of combos of:
>> ominiverdi
>> ubuntu
>> osgeo
>> xubuntu
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Alex
>>
>> Moritz Lennert wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Luca Casagrande, whose internet connection is intermittent, has asked me
>>> to announce the availability of the new Ominiverdi Live-DVD [1]. For
>>> more info about the project see [2].
>>>
>>> The DVD is a Xubuntu system containing recent versions of
>>>
>>> GRASS
>>> QGIS
>>> PostgreSQL+PostGIS
>>> GDAL