[OSGeo-Edu] [Fwd: ACM GIS 2009 - Call for Papers]

Charlie Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Tue Apr 7 13:21:20 EDT 2009

Hi OSGeo Edu folks:

1) A possible conference of interest to people on this list.

2) I'd like to start an effort to connect better to OSGeo local groups
or the software teams.  *As a first step, if you are a member of a local
group, or a software development group,  please reply if you are willing
to be our "connection" to that group.*

3) I'm having a great time right now teaching 60 undergrads an intro to
GIS course using primarily QGIS. I'm wondering who else is having
similar experiences. I'm thinking it might be useful for our group to
establish a OSGeo edu blog that we all can post to, or maybe a twitter
microblog group so that we can share short insights or links we might
have with one another. Reactions?

4) Reminder: If you have material to share with others, please take a
moment to add it to our new educational material inventory system [1].
The last ones were done by some of our colleagues in Italy (I hope all
there are OK after the earthquake yesterday. I'm sure I speak fro the
group when I say our thoughts are with your country at the time...)

Thanks all-

Charlie

[1] http://www.osgeo.org/educational_content