[OSGeo-Edu] Inventory Database

Charlie Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Mon Apr 13 15:16:43 EDT 2009

Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 4:19 PM, Helena Mitasova <hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu> wrote:
>
>> Alex,
>>
>> if you could also add command line instructions - something like this
>> http://skagit.meas.ncsu.edu/~helena/grasswork/grassbookdat07/SVN_HOWTO.txt
>> (Markus - can this be used for everybody?)
>>

> Sure, feel free to recycle the instructions.
Our group's subversion repository is here:
http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/education/

A year ago or more, we at UMass put some of our material up there, under
the Releases folder and UMass.

Would be great if others would do the same and if we had some good
instructions available or linked from the educational material
submission page [1].

Could you do this for us Alex?

Obviously, the idea would be that many of us who are willing to allow
new derivatives to be made of our content, to put the material on SVN,
and then link to it in the educational material search database. Some
may recall we tried to do this using Docbook, but I think we should be
willing to accept any document type (Latex, docbook, etc. I'm actually
prefering open office writer because that is so easy for me to edit).

If we can get this system up and running then we probably should return
to a discussion of whether we want to use a standard license to apply to
this content. But let's see first if we can actually get a SVN system
working that people start to use!

Thanks all!

Charlie

[1] https://www.osgeo.org/node/add/edu-content