[OSGeo-Edu] Fwd: Gentle Introduction to QGIS

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Wed Jul 15 17:13:54 EDT 2009

Hi

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 10:52 PM, Charlie
Schweik<cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu> wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> Tim Sutton wrote:
>>
>> Hi folks
>>
>> Heres another addition you can make to your resource list - all
>> content is made available under an open license and we would welcome
>> comments / corrections / contributions and so on.
>>
>> http://qgis.org/en/documentation/manuals.html (Gentle Introduction to
>> GIS section).
>>

> Thanks for the post. Any chance you'd be willing to enter the metadata for
> this on our educational material submission page [1]?
>
> And while I've got everyone on the OSGeo edu list -- I'm sorry I've been
> inactive again pushing the group forward. I've had some eldercare issues
> that have had me quite distracted.
> I see that Ari has posted some new content to our inventory. Anyone else
> have other material to add? Please continue to do this! Finally, I still
> hope to get a group blog going so we can keep each other more informed of
> what we are doing...
>
> Charlie
>
> [1] https://www.osgeo.org/node/add/edu-content

Ok its added!

http://www.osgeo.org/node/923

Maybe I'm completely biased, but I gave it a 5 star rating :-) I
forgot to mention above also that there are screencasts to accompany
most worksheets at:

http://linfiniti.com/dla

I'm planning to edit them a little more so that they all come in under
10min and then I will post them to youtube...

Thanks

Tim

 * QGIS programming services
 * FOSS Consulting Services