[OSGeo-Edu] GIS Competency-based Certification Program Model

Charlie Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Fri Nov 6 10:38:39 EST 2009

In case you aren't subscribed, here's a blog entry I just posted
[http://www.osgeo.org/node/972] :

In our OSGeo edu group, we've been discussing how to develop, as a
group, GIS curricula issues and how this relates to OSGeo edu efforts.
Some of the discussions, to date, have centered around the Geographic
Information Science and Technology Body of Knowledge
(http://www.aag.org/bok). <http://www.aag.org/bok/>

Readers might be interested in the GIS Certification Institute,
<http://www.gisci.org/>(http://www.gisci.org/) which provides a database
of Certified GIS Professionals and their own "GISP" Certification. As we
continue to work on our curriculum effort, we might want to keep this
resource in mind.

Cheers