[OSGeo-Edu] GIS Competency-based Certification Program Model

Charlie Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Fri Nov 6 13:06:15 EST 2009

Matthew Pulis wrote:
> Is this GISCI certificate useful in Europe? Particularly in UK? I am
> trying to find a job in London, is it worth it to have? Are you aware
> of other European certifications?
I don't know whether there is a comparable certification in Europe.
Perhaps others on this list might know?

As for whether it being worth getting to help with a job hunt, that is
another open question in my view, and my next remark may be obvious. It
might provide some added evidence to employers that the applicant has
relevant background. But of course there are certainly other ways that
can be demonstrated too, depending on the applicant's background.

Cheers and best of luck on the hunt!